Monday, October 8, 2012

Thailand

Koh Samui

 
 


If I could only choose one photo to summarize our trip to Thailand -- that would be the one, ahhhh, just looking at it makes me want to go back already :)





            



Open-air terminal - so cool!




Then we were dropped off at our resort, The Melati.  The booking of this resort was some-what of an accident (i.e. we usually don't stay at places this nice).  However, I'll take this kind of mistake anytime!




Melati means Jasmine.  They gave me this jasmine bracelet upon arrival.  Everything at this place smelled like jasmine -- the soap, shampoo, mosquito repellent, candles - all of it.




 This is what paradise looks like :)

 
 
 
Then we all wanted to check out the beach! Our resort had a negative edge pool that went directly to the beach and ocean.



 
 
 
 
 
Our view at breakfast





 
 
I'm sure I could've stayed at the beach all day everyday, but the family was able to pry me off the beach chair long enough to see the town and have a REALLY FUN TIME!!!
 
 
 
Shopping!  We had to try out our new negotiating skills that we're learning in China.  I love buying cool stuff at ridiculous prices!!
 
 
 
What the?
 





 
I wasn't joking about the necessity of ice-cream in this family!  If they have it we WILL find it!
 





A little ocean kayaking, we actually did this almost everyday...

 
 
 
 
 
Luke and Zak both got really good at going out in their own kayak.  It's a little harder than it looks :)

 
 
 


I did get Jake to go out once, but most of the time he just wanted the beach!




Very Tropical and Exotic, I couldn't take enough pictures!





Hey Jake!  Look at me!
 
(I was trying to take his picture and he would keep turning his body toward me but he wasn't about to take his eyes off that elephant!)




+ Zip-lines above the jungle...
 










+ Family Elephant Ride....   :)


 
 
+ Some ATV riding...





+ Hiking across bamboo bridges....




+ Swimming in Waterfalls...



+ Wave Runners on the ocean...

 
 
 
 
 
 
All this equals = one happy momma!






 
 
Thai Massage in a cabana by the beach anyone?  (Ouch, I think I'm still sore)
 



(Just in case you forgot how beautiful!)


 
 
 
If you want to go somewhere not only tropical but also exotic, somewhere you will not only forget what day of the week it is but also what year it is, and somewhere you can have some really great Pad Thai - GO TO THAILAND!! 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment