Saturday, November 24, 2012

The BEST half-time show EVER!

 
...and I'm not exaggerating!
 
The High School Varsity Basketball team was playing a game at the "Great Wall Shootout" against the American School of Japan.  The game started about 1.5 hours before the school day ended and the students of the school (or teachers) that wanted to go to the game could.  I loved being there!!  So much excitement!  But the best part was the half-time show... introducing the --
 
 
SPINNING DUNKING DRAGONS
 
 
 
This was actually only about 1/4 of the kids, I was just trying to get a picture of Zak - there in the middle in the blue shorts. 
 
The Spinning Dunking Dragons are a group of 4th and 5th graders who for the last couple months spend some of their recess time with their coach practicing their skillz for this performance.  They spun all sizes of balls on their fingers and then one after one they jumped off little trampolines to dunk in the basketball hoops!!  SO COOL!!  And so much fun!!
 

 
 
I wish I would've brought my good camera - but I did manage to get this picture of Zak dunking.  If you look closely behind the kids spinning the balls - there he is with his blue shorts dunking his orange ball :)  Yay Zak!
 
 
 
 
 
Honestly, it was far more entertaining than any other performance I've seen at a half-time.  I love that my kids are getting experiences like this at school :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment