Friday, November 30, 2012

Wool City Market - Qing He Mao Fang Cheng

 
 
 
I have had many chances to go shopping here in Beijing.  I decided to start listing them and taking pictures so you can have an idea of what it is like.  When I do go out, it is usually just to one market because it takes sooooo long!  It also pays to go with a group of ladies who know where these places are!  I have a few friends who have been here for more than 15 years!!  That's how we found this place.
 
 
 
 
 
It is called the wool market.  This one is unlike the other markets that target tourists and ex-pats.  In those markets all of the vendors speak very good English.  This is a Chinese market where English is not spoken - so it was a great chance for me to practice my Chinese!! 
 
 
 
 
This building had 5 floors of shop after shop filled with fabrics and yarn.  They did have some sweaters and wool coats already made.  You can find a style you like and they will measure you and make one to fit you.  Or you can bring in a picture of anything and they will make that for you!  Awesome!!  A lot of cashmere/wool sweaters and coats for great prices!  You can also buy their scrap fabric and have either them or another tailor make you anything.  I found a few pieces of tweed I am going to have made into skirts for 50 Yuan (8 USD).  The cost to have a skirt made is about 15 USD.


2 comments:

  1. I can't believe the prices over there!! That would be such a fun store/factory! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I suggest adding addresses to shopping places? At least Wool market didn't have an address.

    ReplyDelete