Sunday, June 24, 2012

It will all work out...somehow :)



I loved this quote I came across today because I've been really stressed the last few weeks!  Not sure if it's the only-seeing-my-husband-6-out-of-the-last-40-days, selling cars/motorcycles/couches, gathering/scanning/sending a million documents for the kid's applications for school, gathering/scanning/sending two million documents for immigration to get visa's, the 26 doctor appointments we've had,  the 4 trips to the car mechanic, sending my first-born to a week-long scout camp for his very first time, or potty-training a two year-old, all whilst trying to make sure my kids don't get jipped out of fun summer activities!!

I'll admit, I think I could have handled some situations a little better than I have.  My kids have seen too much of momma grouchy bear especially this past week.  I had to stop and reasses my behaviour when my daughter told me this morning that I was the best Mom eVeR - even when I'm mean... hmmmm.... So I'm trying to slow down and accept that things are not working out as smoothly (or quickly) as I anticipated. But do you know what?  They are working out.  I'm convinced that as you walk along the path that the Lord has directed you toward that things can't not work out :)  So I'm trying to say "yes" a little more, and not worry that my floor has not been mopped in *ahem* 3 weeks.  Yep, if you come to visit dOn'T leave your shoes at the door :)

So, in other news, we closed on the house (yay!!).  Rob had to scramble to find service on his phone while backpacking in a remote wilderness in New Mexico to call the title company to verify the Power of Attorney - and guess what - it worked out.

The kids and I have spent the last few weeks playing at Sea World and their new Aquatica water park, going to movies, swimming, and playing with friends. It's all working out :)

I am a little rugged piece of coal, but I am working on MY Diamond - every day - It's the stressful times in life when our true character has a chance to either put us to shame or SHINE...

Shine on my friends.....


 

1 comment:

  1. We think you have done awesome! Keep on plugging along in the search for the diamond. Happy anniversary and best of luck for the fun years ahead of you. You and Rob have such great potential and your positive outlooks will help you achieve great things. Love ya both lots. Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete