Sunday, June 3, 2012

School

A topic I've been asked about a lot is about the schools for the kids.  No they will not be going to a public Chinese school.  But I'm hoping they will be exposed to a lot of Chinese culture and language at school.

Rob is in China right now as I type touring a few different schools that we've narrowed our search down to.  Believe it or not we almost have too many choices!  There are several international schools with American based curriculum, there are British schools, Canadian, German, Russian, and Japanese schools, Montessori schools, schools that have Chinese emersion where half the school day is done in English and the other half in Chinese, some schools are in the city, others are in the suburbs by the expat communities...

I'm a little worried about getting accepted to the one we really want simply because we're coming into the game a little late.  Some of the schools are already filled for next school year and have waiting lists.  So I guess we'll cross our fingers and hope for the best...Rob just texted me telling me about one of the schools he just visited, the text said "very very impressive.  best campus facilities I've ever seen.  All kids grade 4 and up have their own macbooks..." 

 I know my kids will be getting a top-notch education while we're away and that helps me sleep better at night!  I'll let you know how it all turns out and which school is lucky enough to get my kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment